Thursday 23 July 2015

Splendour festival

For all of you that don't know what splendour is , it is a one day festival at wollaton park in Nottingham. Which starts at 11am and finishes around 12pm.

I have been bugging my boyfriend for around 4 and a half years to take me to a festival (I have wanted to go to v festival for so long) but he was always unsure if I would like it.  Some friends told us they were going to splendour, so I felt like it was the perfect opportunity to go to some sort of festival. To begin with I was unsure as a ticket was around £48 and for two that's just under £100. I felt like this was a little expensive for a day out with all the food and drinks you would buy there it was going to be around £200!!

After 2 days of discussion with Luke we decided just to book it. I feel like it was money well spent as we had such an amazing time with our friends! There was so much to do for a variety of ages, for children there was play areas, face painting and there were family's there with picnics ect , which I thought was great .

 We started the day off by having a little picnic and having a few drinks on the field, then me and my friend had a walk round the stalls and the other stages, there were three in total ( 2 with live music and the other one was a comedy stage), we the then went and had our face painted to get in the true festival spirit.  After that we went back and met the lads, and then they went for a walk round.  

I didn't really know many bands that were playing, I knew about two and then one backed out due to medical reasons. Most of the bands were from the 80's which I dont really know much about music wise, despite that it was still fab, sitting with a picnic, music and great company!



 This was the view from where we were sitting.
 Me and my friend after we had our face painted.
Me, Luke and our friends we went to the festival with.

Overall the day was perfect and the weather was beautiful! There was so much to do all day for a variety of ages. I think I will be defiantly goigoingck next year.

Let me know about your festival experiences!

Nicolle x

No comments:

Post a Comment